Sunday, September 15, 2013

My First Time...

I remember one of my earliest times with the Internet included begging my parents for an AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) account which I finally received in sixth grade. I thought it was so cool to change our buddy profiles, with different fonts, colors, quotes etc. I remember calling my friend's house phones and telling them to go on AIM because it was hands-down the coolest form of communicating back in the day. I would always have my buddy list up, and it was a big deal when I saw the name of the boy I liked pop up. Although I only used AIM and sometimes Meebo (I don't remember why I ever used that) for a few years until receiving my Facebook in high school, I owe my first time to the Internet to AIM. It was the classic time-kill, and always entertaining.

I'm a little bit embarrassed to say that when I was in middle school my older brother showed me how to create a website through Gmail which I obviously thought was amazing. I had my own website. And I thought it was the bomb. I just googled it for the first time in years and I am horrified that I ever thought this was a good idea.


https://sites.google.com/site/pumbaarules7615/


There are typos out the wazoo, all that is posted is my homework from one week of school in eighth grade, and on the second page, which I know I spent so much time on consists of inside jokes that I had with three friends. Although now it is humorous to look back on, I can't believe that I made this and without a doubt in my mind, I posted it in my AIM profile for the world of my friends to see.


Thank goodness the Internet has changed since then, and hopefully I've evolved in what I am capable of creating in this vast world wide web.

1 comment:

  1. That is an adorable middle school web site. Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete