Sunday, October 27, 2013

2013 Internet Cat Video Film Festival

http://www.buzzfeed.com/travisrandg/things-i-learned-at-the-2013-internet-cat-video-film-festiva

I kid you not, this is real. This is a one hundred percent legitimate festival in Minnesota, the second annual to be exact. Over thirteen thousand people attended this event, applauding the various cat videos that have been created over the Internet. This article depicts this festival as "the Superbowl of cat videos, crossed with the Oscars," and explains that the purpose of the event is to take the online experience offline, where people can meet others with the same interests in this cat genre.

The article is filled with cat puns, and different pictures and videos of the highlights of the entire festival. I knew that this was a genre, and that there were tons of cat videos filtered throughout the Internet, but never did I ever think the genre was this broad, with so many followers. The pictures I saw in this article were so surprising to me. I literally felt like I was in a different world, and I had absolutely no idea that this existed, or that so many people would be so completely interested.


There was a butter statue of a cat. There were men wearing leopard print leggings. There were cat slippers. As far as cat video events go, I'd say that this one was pretty successful. I certainly learned a lot from this article alone that I had never known before.

No comments:

Post a Comment